The U.S. Mission to Vietnam is pleased to announce the 2017 U.S. Ambassador’s Entrepreneurship Challenge (AEC), the second annual entrepreneurial competition to encourage innovation and development of Vietnam’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Citizens of Vietnam are invited to apply to compete for exposure, mentorship, and seed finds in this national competition.
- Who? Vietnamese nationals, currently living in Vietnam
- When? The deadline is on May 2, 2017
- How? Apply online at http://goo.gl/lwe0BS
STARTUP CATEGORIES: The AEC is open to startups in one of three categories:
- Idea and Prototyping Stage
- Startup Stage
- Social Entrepreneurship (in either Idea or Startup Stages)
PRIZES AND BENEFITS:
- Cash Prizes: $1,0oo for 1′ Prize; $750 for 2″ Prize; and $5oo for 3″ Prize.
- All three first prize winners will receive a S5, oooscholarship to attend courses from the Vietnam Executive MBA (VEMBA) at the Shidler College of Business, University of Hawaii.
- The first place winner of the Startup Stage will receive a full scholarship to enroll in a Topical Founder Institute (TFI) Course and is eligible to receive a certificate from the Founder Institute Silicon Valley. The second and third place winners of the Startup stage will attend 14 TFI sessions.
- The idea/Prototype Stage’s three winners will receive free memberships from UP Co-working Space for 1 year, 6 months, and 3 months respectively.
- The first place winner of the Social Entrepreneurship category has the option to convert the S1ooo cash prize to attenda three-week accelerator program With Jolkona in Seattle.
- Training, mentorship and networking opportunities.
- Media exposure and publicity.
THE TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
May 2: Application deadline
May 2-12: Evaluate applications and select teams to compete in the regional competitions. The selected teams will be informed on May 12.
May 30: Regional Competition in Hanoi
June 1: Regional Competition in HCMC
June 2-16: Virtual training for the regional winners to prepare for the National Competition
June 20: Onsite coaching in Hanoi on how to pitch and effective communication techniques
June 21: National Competition in Hanoi
For details, please visit the website at: